View Ghan House in a larger map
If using Satellite Navigation ~ N54°02.373' W006°11.044'
From the South
1 Head North on the M1 towards BELFAST.
2 Go past the Dublin Airport exit
3 The M1 links you directly to the North of DUNDALK
4 There is a toll on this motorway - cars €1.90. They do not take sterling.
5 At Junction 18 of the M1, take the exit off the motorway and follow signs for Carlingford R173. Stay on this road. The R173 becomes the R175. Continue straight.
6 You are just 20 minutes from Carlingford from junction 18.
7 Take the left turn signposted R176 Carlingford. As you enter CARLINGFORD, you will see the town sign 'Carlingford - Medieval Heritage Town', then 50 kph speed sign.
8 Immediately after the 50kph sign you will see a small green & gold sign on a stone wall. TURN LEFT down a gravel driveway. You have reached Ghan House
From the North
1) Head south out of Belfast on the M1 towards DUBLIN. Once on the motorway you are 1hr away.
2) After about 10 miles, take junction 7 signposted to NEWRY on the A1
3) Head towards Newry, follow signs for the THE QUAYS ~ a shopping centre with a multiplex cinema, and Sainsburys.
4) Turn left at the traffic lights taking you along the side of the canal, canal is on your left, shopping centre is on your right and mountain straight ahead (where Carlingford is). You are now 12 minutes away.
5) When you enter Carlingford, keep on the main road, just as you run out of harbour on your left, go on 20 yards/metres, and on your right is a sign 'Ghan House' & a stone entrance - we are the large white Georgian House at the end of it.
From the Midlands
1) Head for signs for Newry or Dundalk, whichever is closer to you.
2) Then follow directions as in 4 or 3 above.